Want these delicious links emailed to you once a week? Sign up for The OutRamp Geek and Genre Newsletter
Don’t Miss These Links:
- Stephen Lang will be the “Darth Vader” of the Avatar sequels
- Cloud Atlas One Year Later: Why 2012’s Biggest Flop is Also its Biggest Triumph
- Why Everyone Should Be Reading Ancillary Justice
- Featured Science Fiction: @Lightspeed: “Ghost Days” by Ken Liu (also available in audio)
- Featured Fantasy: @Tor: “Freeze Warning” by Susan Krinard
- John DeNardo (Kirkus Reviews) with Where to Find Speculative Fiction Online
- For a rancid witch’s cauldron of Free Science Fiction and Fantasy Fiction, check out the daily Free SF, Fantasy and Horror Fiction posts at SF Signal.
- Brendon Connelly (Bleeding Cool) with Beetlejuice 2 Plans Starting To Come Together, Expect It After Tim Burton’s “Goth X-Kids” Story
- Meredith Woerner (io9) with Andy Serkis will produce Bone Season: The Movie!
- Charlie Jane Anders (io9) with Did The Chronicle open the floodgates?
- Rob Bricken (io9) with The Game of Thrones TV series summons its Bloodraven
- Meredith Woerner (io9) with Stephen Lang will be the “Darth Vader” of the Avatar sequels
- Katharine Trendacosta (io9) with When, exactly, will we get new Red Dwarf episodes?
Recaps and Previews
- Samantha Henry (Amazing Stories) with The Originals Isn’t Exactly Original
- Katharine Trendacosta (io9) with Beauty and the Beast dances on the edge of domestic violence, falls off
- Rob Bricken (io9) with Robo-racism abounds in the new Almost Human trailer [Video]
- Adventures in SciFi Publishing: #235 – Colin F. Barnes, ARTIFICIAL EVIL
- The Dead Robots’ Society: #290 – Reviewing Ready Player One
- The Dead Robots’ Society: Special Episode – J Daniel Sawyer Is Busy!
- Jules Sherred (Geeky Pleasures) with John Scalzi Interview
- Cait Coker (Amazing Stories) with On the Study of the Fantastic, Part II
- Howard Andrew Jones with Vance, Robert E. Howard, and the Role of Women
- Annalee Newitz (io9) with 10 Historical Figures We’re Sick of Seeing in Science Fiction
- Roger Bellini (SF Signal) with Neverland’s Library: Fantasy is a Reality
- Tim Callahan (Tor) with Advanced Readings in D&D: Manley Wade Wellman
- Brad Kane (Tor) with Cloud Atlas One Year Later: Why 2012’s Biggest Flop is Also its Biggest Triumph
- Liz Bourke (Tor) with Sleeps With Monsters: Reading, Writing, Radicalisation
- Ryan Britt (Tor) with Was Doctor Who’s “Vincent and the Doctor” Cribbed from This British 1964 Short Story?
- Niall Alexander (Tor) with We Have A Winner [British Genre Fiction Focus]
- Chuck Wendig with 25 Reasons I Fucking Love Genre Fiction
- Fran Wilde (GeekMom) with Ten Questions with Award-Winning Science Fiction and Fantasy Author Mur Lafferty
- Ria Misra (io9) with Ytasha Womack, Author of Afrofuturism, Is Here to Answer Questions!
- Debra Mullins (SF Signal) with Building the World of Atlantis
- Kristin Centorcelli (SF Signal) with INTERVIEW: Peter Watts Talks About BEYOND THE RIFT, William F***ing Gibson, and Cyclopean Rabbits
- Shawn Speakman (Suvudu) with Ask Terry Brooks September Edition
- Tor: The Pop Quiz at the End of the Universe: Christopher Paolini
- Tor: The Pop Quiz at the End of the Universe: Melissa Marr and Tim Pratt
Reviews and Recommendations
- Matt Mitrovich (Amazing Stories) with Book Review: The Long Earth Series by Stephen Baxter and Terry Pratchett [Book Review]
- Stefan Fergus (Civilian Reader) with “The Unremembered Empire” by Dan Abnett (Black Library) [Book Review]
- Charlie Jane Anders (io9) with James Gunn’s Transcendental feels like a lost Golden Age classic [Book Review]
- io9: Top 25 Scariest Science Fiction and Fantasy TV Episodes of All Time
- Kameron Hurley with Why Everyone Should Be Reading Ancillary Justice
- Melanie Sanderson (The Qwillery) with Review: Corroded (The St. Croix Chronicles 3) by Karina Cooper [Book Review]
- Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist: The Ocean at the End of the Lane [Book Review]
- Paul Weimer (SF Signal) with BOOK REVIEW: When the Hero Comes Home II edited by Gabrielle Harbowy and Ed Greenwood [Book Review]
- Speculating on SpecFic: The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater [Book Review]
- Robert H. Bedford (Tor) with A Mountain of a Novel: The Abominable by Dan Simmons [Book Review]
- Stefan Raets (Tor) with Action-Packed Space Romance: Fortune’s Pawn by Rachel Bach [Book Review]
- Ellen Cheeseman-Meyer (Tor) with Had We But World Enough and Time: Christopher L. Bennett’s Star Trek novel Watching the Clock [Book Review]
- Stefan Raets (Tor) with Mindless Intelligence: Burning Paradise by Robert Charles Wilson [Book Review]
- Alex Brown (Tor) with What’s In The Box?! Dying Is My Business by Nicholas Kaufmann [Book Review]
- Upcoming4.me: REVIEW : Rowena Cory Daniells – King Breaker [Book Review]
- Ria Misra (io9) with What Is Your Favorite Unrealized Vision of the Future?
- Charlie Jane Anders (io9) with What’s the greatest science fiction action movie of all time?
- Charlie Jane Anders (io9) with Ender’s Game concept art is like the space combat of your dreams
- Charlie Jane Anders (io9) with Amazing Short Film: The Race to Develop a Machine that Stops Time
- Robert T. Gonzalez (io9) with Carl Sagan’s “Pale Blue Dot” as you’ve never experienced it before
- Andrew Liszewski (Gizmodo) with Boldy Shower Where No Man Has Showered Before
- Annalee Newitz (io9) with Everybody needs a sleazy scifi t-shirt sometimes
- SF Signal: Honest Trailers: Pacific Rim [Video]
- Tor: Benedict Cumberbatch Doesn’t Need Your Puny CGI to be Smaug [Gallery]
- via Tumblr: Neil Gaiman themed pumpkin