Want these delicious links emailed to you once a week? Sign up for The OutRamp Geek and Genre Newsletter
Don’t Miss These Links:
- Listen to John Anealio’s Halloween E.P.
- Over Budget, Behind Schedule: What’s Up With Gaming’s Biggest Kickstarters?
- The OutRamp Solves… The Walking Dead [Spoilers]
- R.K. Troughton (Amazing Stories) with LoneStarCon 3 Photos
- Lightspeed Magazine: Interview: Felicia Day
- John DeNardo (SF Signal) with Listen to John Anealio’s Halloween E.P.
- Wired: Angry Nerd: SpongeBob and Harry Potter Need to Get the Hell Out of Our Legos [Video]
Entertainment News and Recaps
- Dan Roth (Blastr News) with Bill and Ted meet Superman in most uncomfortable Halloween special ever
- Trent Moore (Blastr News) with Finally! Ryan Reynolds says Deadpool flick taking ‘small tiptoes forward’
- Brendon Connelly (Bleeding Cool) with Beetlejuice 2 Plans Starting To Come Together, Expect It After Tim Burton’s “Goth X-Kids” Story
- Russ Burlingame (ComicBook.com) with X-Men: Days of Future Past Trailer: Five Big Takeaways
- ComingSoon.net: Will Wonder Woman Appear in Batman vs. Superman?
- Dan Solomon (Fast Co.Create) with How One Group Of Producers Is Looking To Solve Hollywood’s Female Problem
- Eriq Gardner (The Hollywood Reporter) with Stan Lee Media Loses Appeal Over ‘Conan the Barbarian’ Rights
- Katharine Trendacosta (io9) with Are we all wrong about Vin Diesel’s role in Guardians of the Galaxy?
- Esther Inglis-Arkell (io9) with The best lines from the most recent Arrow
- Katharine Trendacosta (io9) with Do we finally know which Marvel hero will be the next to get a movie?
- Meredith Woerner (io9) with First look at Scarlett Johansson in Luc Besson’s superhero movie Lucy
- Charlie Jane Anders (io9) with How Agents of SHIELD’s ragtag crew will become a family
- Rob Bricken (io9) with Is Cartoon Network trying to kill Beware the Batman already?
- Meredith Woerner (io9) with Return of the Mandarin? Ben Kingsley says he’s reuniting with Marvel
- Andrew Dyce (Screen Rant) with ‘Agents of SHIELD’ as ‘Firefly 2.0′ – Why It Isn’t Working
- The Skiffy and Fanty Show: Genrelogues: Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (Episodes 1-4)
- Tor: Black Widow is Cap’s BFF in First Captain America: The Winter Soldier Trailer
- Tor: New Clip From Thor: The Dark World Makes Us Wish That Odin’s Sons Had Their Own Roadtrip Comedy [Video]
- Chris Lough (Tor) with Only You Can Prevent Boring Fires. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: “The Girl in the Flower Dress”
- Tor: Sherlock Season 3 to Premiere on January 19
- Kaila Hale-Stern (Wired) with Marvel’s Head of TV Teases Superhero Cameos on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Featured Free Fiction
Comics and Graphic Novels
- Rich Johnston (Bleeding Cool) with Wolverine Will Never Have Sex Again
- Eric Smith (Book Riot) with The Monster on the Hill, and Three More Monsters From Comics I Want to Hug
- Scott Johnson (ComicBook.com) with Black Panther Movie Is Absolutely In Development
- Russ Burlingame (ComicBook.com) with Loki Is Bisexual, Will Shift Between Genders, Says Loki: Agent of Asgard Writer
- Comic Book Resources: The Line it is Drawn #161 – The Funny Pages, Line it is Drawn Style!
- The Guardian: Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean: how we made The Sandman
- Rob Bricken (io9) with Japan’s next new anime and toy phenomenon: The Avengers?!
- Rob Bricken (io9) with The 10 Hilariously Confusing Origins of Hawkman
- Rob Bricken (io9) with What a Politically Correct Justice League Would Look Like
- Rob Bricken (io9) with What do Death’s daughter, revenge and a dead rabbit have in common?
- Rebecca Pahle (The Mary Sue) with Some Of Our Favorite Origin Stories, Posterized [Gallery]
- Abhinav Jain (Shadowhawk’s Shade) with Bushido #3-4 by Rob Levin [Comics Review]
- Abhinav Jain (Shadowhawk’s Shade) with Robocop: The Last Stand #1 by Frank Miller and Steven Grant [Comics Review]
- Kyle Orland (Ars Technica) with Titanfall falls on March 11, 2014 for Xbox One, PC, and Xbox 360
- Kyle Orland (Ars Technica) with X-Com: Enemy Within impressions: Expanded alien eradication
- Mark Frauenfelder (Boing Boing) with Boing Boing readers’ favorite mobile games
- Ariel Schwartz (Fast Co.Exist) with Inside SimCity’s Vision Of Tomorrow, Where You Can Build A Clean Tech Heaven Or A Drone–Filled Hell
- Andrew Liszewski (Gizmodo) with A Handheld Gaming Console You Can Build and Program Yourself
- John Scalzi with Video Game Update: New Name, New Sneak Preview
- Adam Popescu (Mashable) with Game Trailer for Neil Gaiman’s ‘Wayward Manor’ Teases Ghost Plot [Video]
- Simon Parkin (The New Yorker) with The Space Invader [The Story of Space Invaders]
- Wiley Wiggins (Omni Reboot) with Missions to the Edge of Inner Space [Virtual Reality]
- Bo Moore (Wired) with Over Budget, Behind Schedule: What’s Up With Gaming’s Biggest Kickstarters?
- Matt Staggs (Suvudu) with Digital or Hand-Drawn: Which Kind of Animation Do You Prefer?
- Boing Boing: #117 – The Whole Earth Catalog for this century
- Wandering Minstrel Podcast: #11 – Geek Girl Con 2013
Other Interesting Stuff
- Dan Greenfield (13th Dimension) with THE GOTHAM TRIBUNE: Adam West Talks Affleck and the Chances of ‘Batman’ on Video
- Jon Frosch (The Atlantic) with The Frustrating Language Bias of the Oscars’ Best Actress Award
- Matt Schiavenza (The Atlantic Cities) with The Geographic Distribution of China’s Last Names, in Maps
- David Pescovitz (Boing Boing) with Documentary about Astro Boy creator Osamu Tezuka [Video]
- Rob Beschizza (Boing Boing) with Short film about nostalgia [Video]
- Carey Dunne (Fast Co.Design) with Ad Campaign Reveals Rampant Sexism Through Google Autocomplete
- John Brownlee (Fast Co.Design) with Baseball Games Beautifully Visualized Like Transit Maps
- Jamie Condliffe (Gizmodo) with By 2019, Humans Will Be Outnumbered By Lego Minifigs
- Esther Inglis-Arkell (io9) with Corpse Wax: When Dead Bodies Don’t Decay
- Charlie Jane Anders (io9) with Could practical movie effects make a comeback thanks to 3-D printing?
- Robert T. Gonzalez (io9) with Exploring Fractals with Dragons and Dungeons
- Matt Staggs (Suvudu) with Eric Smith on ‘The Geek’s Guide to Dating’
- Mat Devine (Thought Catalog) with What Kind Of Whore Will I Be For Halloween This Year?
- Kyle VanHemert (Wired) with Could These Redesigned State Flags Bring America Together?
- Cory Doctorow (Boing Boing) with Awesome decoupage superhero Chucks
- Mark Frauenfelder (Boing Boing) with Fixing Breaking Bad: funny parody series [Video]
- David Pescovitz (Boing Boing) with LED stick person costume for toddler [Video]
- Meredith Woerner (io9) with Pacific Rim’s Kaiju Battles Recreated entirely out of LEGO [Gallery]
- Jill Pantozzi (The Mary Sue) with Find Out What’s In The Minds Of Superheroes & Villains By Drinking From These Adorable Mugs [Gallery]
- Rebecca Pahle (The Mary Sue) with Guillermo del Toro, Jaeger Pilot
- Erin McCarthy (Mental Floss) with All Your Favorite Fictional Beers on One Poster
- Regan Wolfrom (The OutRamp) with The OutRamp Solves… The Walking Dead [Spoilers]
- SPACE.com: Big Bang Theory Art Show Brings Out The Geek Chic | Video [Video]
- Nico Lang (Thought Catalog) with 35 Hilarious Tweets From The Fake Vice Account That Are Even Better Than The Real Thing
- Tor: It’s Never Too Early to Order Your Family Christmas Cards