Want these delicious links emailed to you once a week? Sign up for The OutRamp Writer’s Wroundup Newsletter
Don’t Miss These Links:
- Is Your Story’s Tone Lying to Readers?
- How to Write an Engaging First Chapter
- In Writing, There Are Rules, And Then There Are “Rules”
- Karen Dionne (Books on HuffingtonPost.com) with When Characters Talk, Writers Listen
- Maeve Maddox (Daily Writing Tips) with Proverb vs. Adage
- Janice Hardy (DIY MFA) with Are You Writing the Right Story?
- K.M. Weiland (Helping Writers Become Authors) with Is Your Story’s Tone Lying to Readers?
- Kris Noel: Focusing on the Middle of Your Novel
- Kris Noel: How to Write an Engaging First Chapter
- C.S. Lakin (Live Write Thrive) with Creating Conflict with a Purpose
- Sarah A. Hoyt (madgeniusclub) with How to Catch A Reader
- Now Novel: The three act formula for novels
- writewild: POV Chart
- Scott Eagan: If Your Characters Can Say It, Then Let Them
- Janice Hardy (The Other Side of the Story) with Creating Unlikable (Yet Compelling) Main Characters
- Mary Vee (The Writers Alley) with Voice- Clear, Crystal, Distinct in the Din
- The Writing Box: How to Use the Em Dash
- The Writing Café: How would you write a villain with NO Freudian Excuse?
- Ava Jae (Writability) with How to Sprinkle Background Info into Your WIP
- Fuck Yeah Character Development!: One of my main characters is Korean-American, but I’m afraid of white-washing his ancestry or making him into a stereotypical caricature…
- reference for writers: How do I deal with flat writing that lacks enough details and kind of moves the plot along too quickly?
- The Writing Café: One of characters is MtF. It’s not the main point of her arc, but obviously it is something that informs her character…
- WriteWorld: I’m currently in the worldbuilding stage and I’m doing pretty well, but one question: How do you decide anything?
- Writing Questions Answered: Advice: Prompts for Scenes
- Writing Questions Answered: Advice: Self-Insert in First Draft?
Writing Questions Answered: Resources: Sex in YA Fiction
- Writing Questions Answered: Resources: Superpowers
- Writing Questions Answered: Romance: Reasons for Forbidden Romances
- Writing Questions Answered: Story Element: The Morning After
- Writing Questions Answered: Story Structure: Cliffhangers in a Series
- Writing Questions Answered: Story Structure: Conflict and Tension
- Writing Questions Answered: Story Structure: How to Begin Your Story
- Writing Questions Answered: Writing Process: How Stories Are Born
- Writing Questions Answered: Writing Process: Linear vs Non-Linear Writing
- Joe Konrath (A Newbie’s Guide to Publishing) with No One Knows
- Blood-Red Pencil: Distractions vs. Discipline
- Chris Robley (Writing Questions Answered) with Advice that every young writer needs to hear… [Videos]
- Jenny Trout (Books on HuffingtonPost.com) with Fiction’s Big, White Problem
- Chuck Wendig: In Writing, There Are Rules, And Then There Are “Rules”
- Kris Noel: Breaking Down Writer’s Block
- Kristine Kathryn Rusch: The Business Rusch: When The Old Ways Work (Discoverability Part 13)
- Greg Strandberg (Mystery Writing is Murder) with Whales, Mermaids and Your Publishing Long-Tail
- The Daily Beast: How I Write: David Baldacci
- Marianne Richmond (The Write Practice) with What’s your End Game?
- Cody Delistraty (Thought Catalog) with The Neurological Similarities between Successful Writers and the Mentally Ill
- Abby Rosmarin (Thought Catalog) with What To Do When You Fail: How I Handled Blatantly Losing The Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest
- Meg Rosoff (Writer Unboxed) with Pram in the Hall
- WriteWorld: MonkeySee’s How to Publish a Book Video Series [Links to Videos]
- Kevin Parsons (AuthorCulture) with 8 Great Reasons To Be a Writer
- Freya Robertson – Blog: Commit Yourself, Dammit!
- Joe Moore (The Kill Zone) with Careful what you wish for
- T. Lee Harris (The Thrill Begins) with Never give up.
- Jamie Berube (Thought Catalog) with Don’t Let Yourself Be Defeated By Your Negative Self-Talk
- Aman Basra (Thought Catalog) with Even If You Fail, Always Remember To Begin Again
- James Clear (Thought Catalog) with The Myth of Creative Inspiration: Great Artists Don’t Wait for Motivation (They Do This Instead)
- Hannah Gordon (Thought Catalog) with What To Do When You Have Writer’s Block
- Tiffany Lawson Inman (Writers In The Storm Blog) with Crossing the Psychological Barrier: More to Writing than Meets the Fist
Freelancing and Non-Fiction
- Taylor Houston (LitReactor) with How to Become a Freelance Writer in 900 Simple Steps – Part 2: The Existential Crisis
- The Dead Robots’ Society #308 – Flashing With J.R.D. Skinner
- The Self Publishing Podcast #98 – Audiobooks and Boricio with Voice Actor Ray Chase
Other Interesting Stuff
- Julie Butcher Fedynich (Buzzy Mag) with Which Way To Publishing by Julie Butcher-Fedynich
- Comic Book Resources: David Goyer on Giving Audiences “What They Don’t Even Know They Want”
- Sebastien De Castell (Fantasy Faction) with Balancing Wit & Grit In Fantasy Fiction
- Indies Unlimited: Getting It Right: Fire
- Jonathan Wood (LitReactor) with Telling Tales on the Publishing Industry
- Megan Garber (The Atlantic) with Have We Hit Peak Punctation?
- Shari Stauch (Where Writers Win) with New App to Read Novels in Under 90 Minutes?