Don’t Miss These Links:
- @365 tomorrows: “Box of Rage” by Rollin T Gentry [Science Fiction Flash]
- Abyss & Apex #53 – 1st Quarter 2015 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- @AE – The Canadian Science Fiction Review:
- @Anotherealm: “Pixels” by Margaret Karmazin [Science Fiction]
- Apex Magazine #68 – January 2015 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- @Asaro – Author’s Site: “The Green Man” by Vincent Asaro [Horror]
- @Author’s Site: “These Tomorrows” by Jeff Patterson [Science Fiction]
- @Baen: “The night don’t seem so lonely” by Sharon Lee [Fantasy]
- Beneath Ceaseless Skies #163 – December 25, 2014 [Fantasy Magazine]
- Beneath Ceaseless Skies #164 – January 08, 2015
- @Chilling Tales for Dark Nights: “A Message in a Very Old Bottle” by Jon Patrick [Horror - also available on YouTube]
- Clarkesworld Magazine #100 – January 2015 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- “A Universal Elegy” by Tang Fei, Translated by John Chu [Science Fiction]
- “An Exile of the Heart” by Jay Lake [Science Fiction]
- “Cat Pictures Please” by Naomi Kritzer [Science Fiction]
- “Ether” by Zhang Ran, Translated by Carmen Yiling Yan and Ken Liu [Science Fiction]
- “Laika’s Ghost” by Karl Schroeder [Science Fiction - from 2010]
- “The Apartment Dweller’s Bestiary” by Kij Johnson [Speculative Fiction]
- “The Long Goodnight of Violet Wild” by Catherynne M. Valente [Science Fiction]
- “This Wind Blowing, and This Tide” by Damien Broderick [Science Fiction - from 2009]
- “Three Cups of Grief, by Starlight” by Aliette de Bodard [Science Fiction - also available in audio]
- @Cosmos Magazine:
- Crossed Genres #25 – January 2015 – Indoctrinate [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- @Daily Science Fiction:
- @Escape Pod:
- @Every Day Fiction: “The Wind’s Betrayal” by M. P. Rossi [Fantasy Flash]
- Fantasy Scroll Magazine #4 – December 2014 [Fantasy Magazine]
- “#Dragonspit” by William Meikle
- “Circus in the Bloodwarm Rain” by Cat Rambo
- “The Dragonmaster’s Ghost” by Henry Szabranski
- “Feeling All Right” by Richard Zwicker
- “Forever” by Rachel Pollack
- “Incriminating Evidence” by Charity Tahmaseb
- “Posthumous” by James B. Willard
- “Restart” by William Reid
- “Seaside Sirens, 1848″ by Anna Zumbro
- “Skipping Stones” by Erin Cole
- “Universe In A Teacup” by Seth Chambers
- “Your Cities” by Anaea Lay
- Galaxy’s Edge #12 [Science Fiction Magazine]
- “A Little Song, A Little Dance, A Little Apocalypse Down Your Pants” by Robert T. Jeschonek
- “All You Zombies—” by Robert A. Heinlein
- “The Book of Alexander” by Zaslow Crane
- “Calming the Tempest (Sargasso)” by Tina Gower
- “Counterfactual” by Gardner Dozois [from 2006]
- “Curtain Call” by Sandra M. Odell
- “Game Not Over” by Ron Friedman [from 1959]
- “In Secrets, Absolution (Sargasso)” by Andrea G. Stewart
- “Nothing Ever Happens in Rock City” by Jack McDevitt [from 2001]
- “Special Economics” by Maureen McHugh [from 2008]
- “Part 1″
- @GigaNotoSaurus: “Greys of War” by Sara Puls [Science Fiction - also available as eBook]
- Kaleidotrope Winter 2015 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- @Kasma SF: “Shadows Among the Jewels” by Sarah Hendrix [Science Fiction]
- @Lightspeed Magazine:
- “A Lie You Give, and Thus I Take” by Damien Angelica Walters [Fantasy - also available in audio]
- “Beautiful Boys” by Theodora Goss [Science Fiction - also available in audio]
- “Headwater LLC” by Sequoia Nagamatsu [Fantasy]
- “Soul Case” by Nalo Hopkinson [Fantasy]
- “The Lost Sepulcher of Huáscar Capac” by Paul Park [Science Fiction]
- “They Tell Me There Will Be No Pain” by Rachael Acks [Science Fiction]
- “Wake-Rider” by Vandana Singh [Science Fiction - also available in audio]
- Lovecraft eZine #33 – December 2014 [Lovecraftian Horror Magazine]
- “A Sense of Time” by Pete Rawlik
- “Books (Misc.)” by Steven Prizeman
- “Monarch of the Mountains” by Matthew Warner
- “The Pnakotic Puzzle” by Josh Reynolds
- “Rain Blush” by Neil Murrell
- “Song in the Dark” by Andrew Jack
- “The Story of Herr Hackenschmidt” by Benjamin Welton
- “That Which Dwells Beneath” by Andrew Nicolle
- @Mad Scientist Journal:
- “Corpse Interred in Mozart’s Tomb Might Not Be Mozart, Authorities Say” by Diana Parparita [Science Fiction]
- “Notes on the Genetics and a Hypothesis on the Hybridization Life Cycle of Homo sapiens and Homo aquatium” by Fred S. Lubnow, Ph.D. [Science Fiction]
- “The Nothing in the Wall” by Christopher Lynch [Science Fiction]
- “The Problem with Protégés” by Rob Oxley [Science Fiction]
- @madgeniusclub: “It Came Upon A Midnight Clear” by Sarah A. Hoyt [Dystopian]
- @Nightmare Magazine:
- @Omni Reboot: “By The Lights of the Silvery Moons” by Ian Mercer [Science Fiction]
- Perihelion December 2014 [Science Fiction Magazine]
- “A Mother’s Touch” by Beth Cato
- “Abram’s Choice” by Jamie Lackey
- “Beer Today, Gone Tomorrow” by Clayton J. Callahan
- “Breathing Space” by J.J. Green
- “Cloud Cover” by Eric Del Carlo
- “Consarn Christmas” by Eamonn Murphy
- “Decoration Day” by Edward J. McFadden III
- “Ecology” by Kurt Heinrich Hyatt
- “Having Robot Sex” by William R.A.D. Funk
- “Longshot” by David Barber
- “Morphological Understanding” by Jennifer Linnaea
- Shimmer #22 – November 2014 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- SQ Mag #18 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- “The Calling” by John W. Oliver [Horror/Thriller]
- “The Carbonite’s Daughter” by Deryn Pittar [Steampunk]
- “Ears Prick Up “ by Laird Barron [Science Fiction]
- “KFP” by George Sandison [Science Fiction]
- “Like Clockwork” by Tim Major [Steampunk]
- “Robert Fairweather and the Wrong Ticket” by Mark Rookyard [Steampunk]
- “The Visitors” by Michelle Ann King [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Attack of the Giant Ants” by Rudy Rucker [Science Fiction]
- “Disconnect” by Cassandra Khaw [Science Fiction]
- “Faster Now” by Paul Di Filippo [Science Fiction]
- “Four Days of Christmas” by Tim Maughan [Science Fiction]
- “How A Dream Machine Works, Exactly” by Mark von Schlegell [Science Fiction]
- “King Tide” by Alison Wilgus [Science Fiction]
- “Local Stop on the Floating Train” by E. Lily Yu [Science Fiction]
- “One Day, I Will Die on Mars” by Paul Ford [Science Fiction]
- @The Colored Lens: “Bioluminescence” by Kristen Hatten [Science Fiction]
- The Irreal Cafe #52 – Fall 2014 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- @The WiFiles:
- @Uncanny Magazine:
- Words Without Borders January 2015 – Alternate Pasts: International Uchronia [International Fiction Magazine - Speculative Issue]
- “The Beast Has Died” by Bef, Translated by Brian L. Price
- “Cinépanorama” by Xavier Mauméjean, Translated by Edward Gauvin
- “Contreras’s Dream” by Jorge Baradit, Translated by Gabriel T. Saxton-Ruiz
- “Cousins from Overseas” by Gerson Lodi-Ribeiro, Translated by Sarah Ann Wells
- “Distinguishing Marks: None” by Jorge Eduardo Benavides, Translated by Gabriel T. Saxton-Ruiz
- “Mine-Wife” by Karin Tidbeck, Translated by Silvester Mazzarella
- “Saint Lionel” by Hernán Vanoli, Translated by Juan Caballero
- “Scandal” by Aldo Nove, Translated by Elizabeth Harris
Written – Flash
- @365 tomorrows:
- “Bearded” by submission [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Bright Ridge Corridor” by Ian Hill [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Divinity Rescinded” by Duncan Shields [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Fideles Regenerati” by Steve Smith [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Final Moments” by Bob Newbell [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Frblls” by Gray Blix [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Give and Give” by Steve Smith [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Judas Ghost” by Jae Miles [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Life after Jupiter” by Gray Blix [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Mercantor GPS” by Jae Miles [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Paradox for Dinner” by Burke Lerch [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Power” by Emily Stupar [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Prolonged Impact” by Steve Smith [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Repitition” by Michael Strang [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Revolution” by Connor Harbison [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Spectacular” by David Botticello [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Stars Broke Loose” by Bruce L. Priddy [Science Fiction Flash]
- “The Monkey Project” by David Botticello [Science Fiction Flash]
- “The Spectator” by Elijah Goering [Science Fiction Flash]
- “They Are Called Emotions” by J.P. Flarity [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Trapped” by Philip McNeill [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Unextraordinary” by Stephen Whaley [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Walk-in Bistro” by Rick Tobin [Science Fiction Flash]
- “War No More” by Jae Miles [Science Fiction Flash]
- @Calamities Press: “Dread Pirate” by Theresa Kilpela [Magic Pirate Realism Flash]
- @Chilling Tales for Dark Nights: “The Ghost Hunter” by Jon Maness [Horror - also available on YouTube]
- @Daily Science Fiction:
- “A Sky Too Full Of Stars” by Briane Pagel [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Bologna and Vanilla “ by Lesley L. Smith [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Bread Babies” by Caroline M Yoachim [Fantasy Flash]
- “Dear Jezzy: I Dream of Djinn” by Sarina Dorie [Fantasy Flash]
- “Dear Jezzy: Love Advice for a Shape Shifter” by Sarina Dorie [Fantasy Flash]
- “Knowing Your Human” by Jez Patterson [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Last of the Magi” by Robby Sparks [Fantasy Flash]
- “Let’s Start from the Top” by Mark Cole [Slipstream Flash]
- “Maximize Revenue” by Chris Limb [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Necessary Santa” by Christine M. Layton [Fantasy Flash]
- “The Last Zombie Story” by Joy Kennedy-O’Neill [Zombie Flash]
- “The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Monsters” by Alex Shvartsman [Fantasy Flash]
- “The Words on the Walls” by Brynn MacNab [Magic Realism Flash]
- “Things To Do If We Survive” by Loreen Heneghan [Post-Apocalyptic Flash]
- “Wrong Word” by Michelle Ann King [Science Fiction Flash]
- @Enchanted Conversation: A Fairy Tale Magazine: “Come Winter” by Ace G. Pilkington [Fairy Tale Flash]
- @Every Day Fiction:
- “An Act of Consequence” by Brandon Ketchum [Fantasy Flash]
- “Blinding Light” by Amber K Bryant [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Brown Jersey Cow” by Karen Pullen [Fairy Tale Flash]
- “Burned” by Lee Budar-Danoff [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Frankenstein’s Monster” by Malcolm Chandler [Horror Flash]
- “On Not Noticing a Bear” by Amy Sisson [Fantasy Flash]
- “Shared Memories in High Definition” by Carin Marais [Science Fiction Flash]
- “The Good Life” by Kevin Thomas Conroy [Fantasy Flash]
- “The Guest” by JR Hume [Science Fiction Flash]
- “The Last Flight of Admiral Franco Talbot” by Adam Musil [Space Opera Flash]
- “The Last Man on Earth” by Dave D’Alessio [Science Fiction Flash]
- “The Men’s Room” by Abby Goldsmith [Science Fiction Flash]
- @Farther Stars Than These:
- Flash Fiction Online January 2015 [Flash Fiction Magazine]
- @Flashes in the Dark: “Every Traveler Who Returns is Lost” by Robin Wyatt Dunn [Horror Flash]
- @Yesteryear Fiction:
- @Author’s Site: “Felis Catus” by Zachary Bonelli [Science Fiction Humor Flash - from upcoming short story collection, Lore & Logos]
Written – Serialized
- @Calamities Press: Along the Winter Rails by Fanni Sütő: [Post-Apocalyptic Serial]
- Episode 01 – “Crossing Lines”
- Episode 02 – “Arrivals & Departures”
- Episode 03 – “The House of Sugar and Dust”
- Episode 04 – “Hunter and Prey”
- Episode 05 – “Melting Memories”
- Episode 06 – “Mother & Children”
- Episode 07 – “Life Stories”
- Episode 08 – “The Storyteller and Her Tale”
- Episode 09 – “Talks & Silences”
- Episode 10 – “Changing Times”
- Episode 11 – “Wait & Run”
- Episode 12 – “Twists & Turns”
- Episode 13 – “Partings”
- Episode 14 – “Silence & Thoughts”
- Episode 15 – “Past & Present”
- Episode 16 – “Houses of Glass”
- Episode 17 – “Masters and Servants”
- Episode 18 – “Truth and Lies”
- Episode 19 – “Questions and Answers”
- Episode 20 – “Beauty and the Beast”
- Episode 21 – “Truth and Stories”
- Episode 22 – “Men and Women”
- @Calamities Press : DOL 39 by Patrick W. Marsh: [Dystopian Horror Serialization]
- @Calamities Press: The Useful Life Clockworks Company by H.A. Busse: [Fantasy / Mystery Serialization]
- @Dark Futures: Nails, Aka When All You Have is a Hammer… by Matthew X. Gomez – Episode 1 [Dark Science Fiction Serial]
- @Author’s Site: New Dawn by Andrew James Morgan: [Science Fiction Novel Serialization]
- @Author’s Site: Musketeer Space by Tansy Rayner Roberts: [Space Opera Serialization]
- @Author’s Site: Seven Days of Joyeux by Tansy Rayner Roberts: [Space Opera Serialization]
- @Beam Me Up! Podcast:
- @Beneath Ceaseless Skies Audio Vault #012: “The Last Gorgon” by Rajan Khanna [Fantasy]
- @Beneath Ceaseless Skies Podcast #140: “Until The Moss Has Reached Our Lips” by Matt Jones [Fantasy]
- Beware the Hairy Mango #250 – “S’Lesses” by Matthew Sanborn Smith [Mangohhhh]
- @Clarkesworld Magazine:
- “A Universal Elegy” by Tang Fei, Translated by John Chu [Science Fiction]
- “The Emperor of Mars” by Allen M. Steele [Science Fiction]
- “No Vera There” by Dominica Phetteplace [Science Fiction]
- “The Sledge-Maker’s Daughter” by Alastair Reynolds [Speculative Fiction]
- “Three Cups of Grief, by Starlight” by Aliette de Bodard [Science Fiction]
- “Tongtong’s Summer” by Xia Jia, Translated by Ken Liu [Science Fiction]
- @Escape Pod:
- @Far Fetched Fables:
- #35 -“Childrun” by Marc Laidlaw [Fantasy]
- #36 -“The Price of Glamour” by Steve Berman and “The Magikkers” by Terry Doweling [Fantasy]
- #37 -“The Effigy Engine: A Tale of the Red Hats” by Scott Lynch [Fantasy]
- #38 -“Fool’s Fire” by Hayley E. Lavik and “Justice” by Suzan Harden [Fantasy]
- @Lightspeed Magazine:
- @Nightmare Magazine:
- #343 -“Elf Employment” by Heather Shaw and Tim Pratt [Fantasy]
- “#344 – Flash Fiction Extravaganza! Other Worlds Than These” [Fantasy Flash Fiction]
- #345 -“Makeisha In Time” by Rachael K. Jones [Fantasy]
- StarShipSofa #367 – “Not Smart, Not Clever” by E Saxey and “Cycles” by Stephen V. Ramey [Science Fiction]
- @Tales To Terrify:
Audio – Radio Dramas
- @Boxcars711 Old Time Radio Pod:
- @Relic Radio:
- Inner Sanctum -“Image Of Death” [Weird / Horror Radio Drama - from 1949]
- Murder At Midnight -“The Dead Come Back” [Horror Radio Drama - from 1946]
- Quiet, Please -“Bring Me To Life” [Horror Radio Drama - from 1947]
- Space Patrol -“The Forgotten City” [Science Fiction Radio Drama - from 1953]
- The Creaking Door -“The Ghost At Ridgeway” [Ghost Story Radio Drama - from 1964]
- The Devil And Mr. O -“Revolt Of The Worms” [Horror Radio Drama - from 1971]
- The Hall Of Fantasy -“The Crawling Thing” [Horror Radio Drama - from 1953]
- The Hermit’s Cave -“The Vampire’s Desire” [Horror Radio Drama - from c1930s]
- The Weird Circle -“The Middle Toe Of The Right Foot” [Horror Radio Drama - from 1945]
- X Minus One -“Mr. Costello, Hero” [Science Fiction Radio Drama - from 1956]
- X Minus One -“The Lights On Precipice Peak” [Science Fiction Radio Drama - from 1957]
Audio – Serialized
- @Aftermath: Season 2, Episode 5 -“Revelations” [Post-Apocalyptic Serial]
- The Classic Tales Podcast #400 – Sinbad the Sailor (The Arabian Nights) [Fantasy Serialization]
- Cthulhu #188 – The King in Yellow by Robert W. Chambers [Horror Collection Serialization]
- Welcome to Night Vale #59 – “Antiques” [Fantasy Serial]
- @Author’s Site: Ghost Train to New Orleans by Mur Lafferty – Episode 11 [Urban Fantasy Novel Serialization]
Free eBooks – Science Fiction
Breath of Life (The Gaian Consortium #1) by Christine Pope
Anika Jespers lives in the Gaian colony, and she assumes that she will never experience life outside of her family’s farm. Her father makes a bargain with their neighbor, sending Anika to live with a man who is a member of the Zhore alien race. Though the two have little in common, they form a lasting bond, and she draws him out of his shell as he introduces her to the outside world.
[Space Opera Novella - First of Series - Amazon]
Bringing Stella Home (Gaia Nova #1) by Joe Vasicek
The New Gaian Empire is crumbling. A barbarian star fleet from the outer reaches of space is sweeping across the frontier stars, slagging worlds and sowing chaos. Soon, they will threaten the very heart of civilized space.
James McCoy never thought he would get caught up in the Hameji wars. The youngest son of a merchanter family, he just wants the same respect as his older brother and sister. But when the Hameji battle fleets conquer his home world and take them away from him, all of that is shattered forever.
No prisoner has ever escaped from the Hameji alive, but James isn’t going to let that stop him. He’ll do whatever it takes to save his family—even if it means losing everything in the process.
[Space Opera Novel - First of Series - Amazon]
Centauri by Ken Bush
Lucky enough to be chosen as an astronaut, Lieutenant Robert Sears finds himself on the Mayflower, a brand new D-75 ship, hurtling towards Mars on a hunt for Martian gold with his captain and two crewmates. Lt. Sears and his fellow crewmates find war instead of gold when they witness an intergalactic battle between the Centaurians and the Zendorans leaves one lone Centaurian survivor and severely injures the captain of the Mayflower. Seemingly desperate to help, the Centaurian survivor, Drayden, transports the Mayflower’s captain and crew back to Centauri to render aid. Yet, when the captain never recovers, one crewmate mysteriously dies at the hands of a Zendoran droid, and another comatose after a deadly fall, Lt. Sears finds himself seething with anger at the Zendorans and willing to do anything to exact his revenge.
[Science Fiction Adventure Novel - Amazon]
Earthrise (Her Instruments #1) by M.C.A. Hogarth
Reese Eddings has enough to do just keeping her rattletrap merchant vessel, the TMS Earthrise, profitable enough to pay food for herself and her micro-crew. So when a mysterious benefactor from her past shows up demanding she rescue a man from slavers, her first reaction is to say “NO!” And then to remember that she sort of promised to repay the loan. But she doesn’t remember signing up to tangle with pirates and slavers over a space elf prince…
[Space Opera Novel - First of Series - Amazon]
Guardian Awakening (Guardian Planetary AI #1) by C. Osborne Rapley
Following an unsuccessful and debilitating experiment by the Navy, Tristan Taylor’s now reclusive and desolate life takes a shocking turn with the arrival of an alien warrior whose ship has crash-landed behind his isolated cottage.
Discovering that his previously failed brain implant can interface with the alien’s computers, Tristan resolves to accompany the enchanting Aesia in her quest to return to her people…little knowing what awaits him. And at what price…?
[Science Fiction Romance Novel - First of Series - Amazon]
Mother Outlaw (Flight Records of The Northern Julie #1) by J.C. Nathans
Mariana Gardner never wanted to huntcriminals. She never needed to know how to shoot or how to find people who don’t want to be found. Content with a second-hand spaceship and a work license, she traveled the stars as a freelance scientist, owing her life to no one.
That was before Michael Azrael, the enigmatic bounty hunter with a taste for insurrection, before the job that would land them on death row, before an expensive bailout courtesy of the paramilitary organization Zygna.
Indebted to Zygna their release and in the wake of a string of failed missions, Mariana is given one last chance to save her career: travel to Oranos, a planet in the throes of a civil war and assassinate the Chancellor. Fail, and it’s back to death row, and after a taste of freedom, neither she nor Azrael intend to go back without a fight.
But her ship’s sentient computer missed the memo. And instead of carrying her to Oranos, he has other plans. Namely to gather the soul pieces of the universe’s former most dangerous outlaw…
[Space Opera Novel - First of Series - Amazon]
Sky Hunter (Targon Tales #1) by Chris Reher
Air Command pilot Nova Whiteside is assigned to a remote outpost to guard the construction of a new tethered orbiter, Skyranch Twelve, against rebel sabotage. The difference between the well-ordered Union air fields and this dusty garrison is made painfully clear when she runs afoul a brutal commander of ground troops. Aboard the elegant new space station not all runs according to protocol and she soon suspects that more than farming is being done up there. When she uncovers the treacherous and illicit schemes taking place, it seems that local riots are the least of their troubles.
[Space Opera Novel - First of Series - Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Star Soldiers by Andre Norton
A grand tapestry of the far-flung interstellar future, in which the first starships from Earth have burst out into the universe . . . only to run straight into the restraining grasp of the stagnant alien federation known as Central Control.
[Space Opera Novel - Amazon]
Starship’s Mage: Episode 1 by Glynn Stewart
Humanity’s far flung interstellar colonies are tied together by the Protectorate of the Mage King of Mars and the magic of the Jump Mages.
Damien Montgomery is a newly-trained member of this elite order.Unable to find a ship to take him on, he joins the crew of a freighter as desperate as he is – without looking hard enough at why they’re desperate.
Thus begins an adventure that will take him to the edges of known space and to the limits of his own magic.
[Space Opera Serial - First Episode - Amazon]
The Course of Empire (Course of Empire #1) by Eric Flint and K. D. Wentworth
Conquered by the Jao twenty years ago, the Earth is shackled under alien tyranny—and threatened by the even more dangerous Ekhat, who are sending a genocidal extermination fleet to the solar system. Humanity’s only chance rests with an unusual pair of allies: a young Jao prince, newly arrived to Terra to assume his duties, and a young human woman brought up amongst the Jao occupiers.
But both are under pressure from the opposing forces—a cruel Jao viceroy on one side, determined to drown all opposition in blood; a reckless human resistance on the other, perfectly prepared to shed it. Added to the mix is the fact that only by adopting some portions of human technology and using human sepoy troops can the haughty Jao hope to defeat the oncoming Ekhat attack—and then only by fighting the battle within the Sun itself.
[Space Opera Novel - First of Series - Amazon]
The Forever Gate – Part One by Isaac Hooke
3740 A.D. The ice age has immobilized the world. Colossal walls seal off the cities from the uninhabitable Outside. Humanlike entities called “gols” run society, and force the humans to wear collars that block the innate powers mankind has evolved. One man rises up…
[Science Fantasy Novella - First of Series - Amazon | Kobo]
The Key: Part One (Project Enterprise #1) by Pauline Baird Jones
Spunky US Top Gun pilot, Sara Donavan’s blasting aliens when she crashes on a deserted planet. Well, almost deserted, another stranded pilot, a seriously hot alien, Kiernan Fyn, rescues Sara and takes her to his cave. When Sara’s crew finds her, she returns Fyn’s favor and takes him back with her to the huge U S spaceship she calls home. Though he fits in well on the ship, and he and Sara have a close encounter—an out-of-this-world kiss—Fyn’s hiding a dark secret. Sara has her own mystery, she discovers a hidden city everyone in the galaxy’s searching for. The lost city is a key to Sara’s baffling abilities and her mother’s past but its discovery also leads dangerous enemies to the Earth Expedition.
[Science Fiction Adventure Novella - First of Series - Amazon]
This Changes Everything (The Spanners Series #1) by Sally Ember
Dr. Clara Ackerman Branon, 58, begins having secret visits from holographic representations of beings from the Many Worlds Collective, a consortium of planet and star systems in the multiverse. When Earth is invited to join the Collective, the holos choose Clara as liaison between Earth and the Many Worlds Collective to make the secret visits public and guide Earth’s new leaders. While Earthers adjust their beliefs and ideas about life, religion, culture, identity and everything they think and are, rebellions and conflicts arise. The Collective works with Clara to create the Psi-Warriors who fight the leaders of the resistance, the Psi-Defiers. With multiple re-sets needed to revise the past and future to save lives, in which of the timelines in the multiverse does her love, Epifanio Dang, get to be with Clara? Over Clara’s thirty-year term as Chief Communicator, Earthers must undergo major transformations.
[Science Fiction Romance Novel - First of Series - Amazon | B&N | Kobo]
Wanted by Terry Compton
Josh Gunn detests space pirates. He hunts them down and brings them to justice – one way or another. When he and his android partner Cherry Kang close in on one of the worst, the fireworks start. After the big explosion, they wake up in a different galaxy with their spaceship crashed on an asteroid and shot to smithereens. When they get a derelict spaceship ready to fly with parts from their ruined ship and escape, Josh finds something he hates worse than pirates. Josh Gunn and Cherry Kang intend to hunt every last one of them down and make sure they pay.
[Military Science Fiction Novel - Amazon]
Free eBooks – Science Fiction – Young Adult
Run (The Hunted: Book One) by Patti Larsen
Sixteen-year-old Reid thinks life is back to normal. His sister Lucy pulls herself together and cuts him free from a year of foster care. She promises to take care of him, that her new boss and her new life are what they both needed to start again. Until Reid is taken in the middle of the night, dumped in a wild stretch of forest far from home with no idea why he is there. Lost and afraid, he learns to run from the hunters who prowl the darkness, their only pleasure chasing down kids like him. And killing them.
[YA Science Fiction Adventure Novel - First of Series - Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Free eBooks – Post-Apocalyptic and Dystopian
Coyote (After The Fires Went Out #1) by Regan Wolfrom
First came the comet. Then came the fires. Now we fight to save what’s left.
Baptiste, stranded 500 miles from his wife and daughter, at the northern edge of civilization, has made a vow to protect a teenage girl from the chaos that surrounds them. But as food and fuel runs out, and even friends prove they can’t be trusted, Baptiste realizes that this promise won’t be easy to keep.
[Post-Apocalyptic Novel - First of Series - Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Darkwalk by Cassy Campbell
Lace is one of NIA-Teliad’s best agents.But when her partner Parker inexplicably turns against her, she only escapes with the help of a hauntingly familiar stranger named Rogue—a stranger who apparently knows more about her own past than she does.It isn’t until Rogue tells her the details of her past that she’s made herself forget that she realizes NIA-Teliad doesn’t want her for what she did, but what she is.
When Rogue finds out what NIA-Teliad is really involved in, things take an even more sinister turn.Fossuel was used up decades ago, and the American Republic has been struggling to stay alive with the few power sources that are left.But Parker’s found the ultimate new power source.All it will cost is human lives.
Now Lace and Rogue have to stop him before more people die to supply fuel to those in power.They’ll have to go against her partner, her agency, and the shadow agency behind it all, the one she forgot existed: Darkwalk.
Lucky for her, she’s a Darkling.
[Dystopian Novel - Amazon | B&N | Kobo]
I Hope You Find Me (Find Me #1) by Trish Marie Dawson
Life for Riley ends when her young children die in her arms…victims of a global viral outbreak that claims the lives of everyone she’s ever known. Left to fend for herself with only a dog as her companion, she sets out on a journey to find others, leaving notes everywhere she goes…hoping that one day someone will come looking for her. When Riley meets the handsome yet mysterious Connor on the streets of Downtown San Diego, they form a bond unlike either has experienced before. When the things that go bump in the night turn out to be more than nightmares, the trio sets off for the mountains in search of an isolated resort where they can hunker down, away from the ominous shadows of the dead city streets. The peace and tranquility of the woods isn’t enough to keep the darkness away for long though and soon Riley and Connor are forced to accept that the World and the few people left alive in it will never be the same. The shadows of their past may haunt them forever…threatening to destroy what little dreams they have left of a future unless they fight to stay in the light and never lose their hope.
[Dystopian Science Fiction Novel - First of Series - Amazon | Kobo]
Mass Extinction Event: The Complete First Series by Amy Cross
When the power goes out across New York, Elizabeth Marter finds herself forced to look after her younger brother Henry. At first, Elizabeth is convinced that everything is going to be okay. As days pass, however, it becomes clear that the whole of humanity has been struck by some kind of catastrophe.
Meanwhile, in Oklahoma, two brothers find themselves in the middle of the same disaster. Following the deaths of their parents, Thomas and Joe decide to head to the nearest town, where they discover that a deadly virus has wiped out most of the world. Worse is to come, however, as it becomes clear that the virus was invented for a specific reason, and the dead are now coming back to life.
[Post-Apocalyptic Serial - First Series - Amazon]
Planet Urth (Planet Urth Series #1) by Jennifer Martucci
The world has changed. It’s dangerous, deadly. Inhuman creatures rule the planet. Animals have mutated. The land is hostile. But it’s all I’ve ever known. Hunger. Fear. Panic. Those emotions are my reality. They are my every day. I am Avery, and I am seventeen. My father died a year ago. Since then I’ve been responsible for my eight-year-old sister, June.
I worry we are the only humans left.
Humans have been hunted for centuries, to the brink of extinction. I must fight each day to protect my sister. It is the reason I wake, the reason I breathe. But how long can I go on fighting? How long will it be before they find us?
[YA Post-Apocalyptic Novel - First of Series - Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Free eBooks – Post-Apocalyptic and Dystopian – Young Adult
Children of the After: Awakening (Book 1) by Jeremy Laszlo
Thrust into the remains of the world they remember, how will they survive on their own, not knowing what or who else remains amongst the ruins?
[YA Post-Apocalyptic Novel - First of Series - Amazon]
The Secret Apocalypse by James Harden
Sixteen year old Rebecca Robinson is the sole survivor of the Australian Apocalypse. The death toll is at an estimated 22 million. The entire world wants to know what happened down there and since the military aren’t talking, everyone is looking to Rebecca for answers.
[YA Post-Apocalyptic Novel - First of Series - Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Free eBooks – Cyberpunk
Code Breakers: Alpha by Colin F. Barnes
In a post-apocalyptic future, humanity survives within a single domed city run by a shadowy benefactor known only as The Family. Each week the death lottery claims more lives and Gerry Cardle, head of the lottery, inexplicably finds himself the next on the list.
Something’s wrong with the system. A deadly artificial intelligence has breached security. Gerry has just 7 days to live. Forced off the grid, Gerry has to do the unthinkable: willingly leave the city. What he finds in the abandoned lands will shatter his perception of what it means to be human. Everything he had been told before was a lie.
In a deadly world of conspiracy, violence, and artificial intelligences, Gerry has to sacrifice everything he loves in order to save it, and time is running out.
[Cyberpunk Novel - First of Series - Amazon | B&N | Kobo]
Free eBooks – Fantasy
Blood Skies (Book 1) by Steven Montano
In a world where nightmares stalk the earth and the few survivors must battle the vampire legions of the Ebon Cities, a team of soldiers races to save mankind when a traitor threatens to destroy the future of humanity.
[Dark Fantasy Novel - First of Series - Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Bound by a Dragon (The Dragon Archives #1) by Linda K. Hopkins
At twenty-two, Keira Carver needs to find a husband, and quickly, but the prospects in her small medieval village are not looking too good. So when Aaron Drake, a handsome stranger, takes up residence at Storbrook Castle, set deep in the surrounding mountains, Keira takes notice. Just as interesting is the fact that a fire-breathing dragon has also moved into the neighborhood, and is rumored to live in caves beneath the mountain fortress. What exactly is the connection between Aaron Drake and the dragon? And when the dragon rescues her from the unwanted attentions of some village boys, who will set out to rescue her from the huge, scaly, fire-breathing monster?
[Sword & Sorcery Novel - First of Series - Amazon | Kobo | Smashwords]
Child of the Ghosts by Jonathan Moeller
When her life is torn apart by sorcery and murder, young Caina Amalas joins the mysterious Ghosts, the legendary spies and assassins of the Emperor of Nighmar. She learns the secrets of disguise and stealth, of assassination and infiltration. But even that might not be enough to save her. For the evil that destroyed her family seeks to devour the entire world…
[Dark Fantasy Novel - Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Flourish: The Story of Anne Fontaine (The House of Crimson and Clover) by Sarah M. Cradit
Dive into the secret, ancient, powerful world of two New Orleans families, the Deschanels and the Sullivans…
[Dark Urban Fantasy Novelette - standalone addition to series - Amazon]
Raziel’s Shadow (Angels and Djinn, Book 1 of 3) by Joseph Robert Lewis
Zerai thought he was a long-lost prince. He thought he would be blessed by the angels to slay an army of demons. He thought he would reclaim his grandfather’s golden throne. He thought wrong.
[Dark Fantasy Novel - First of Series - Amazon]
The Black Parade by Kyoko M
Jordan Amador. 21. New Yorker. Waitress. Mild alcoholic. Murderer.
Two years ago, Jordan accidentally shot and killed a Seer: a person who can see, hear, and talk to ghosts with unfinished business. Her crime came with a hefty price, too. She has two years to help a hundred souls cross over to the afterlife or her soul is bound for hell. Tough break.
As if that weren’t bad enough, two days before her deadline a handsome pain-in-the-ass poltergeist named Michael strolls into her life. His soul is the key to her salvation, but the cost just might be more than she can handle. Solving his death puts her right in the crosshairs of Belial: a vain, bloodthirsty archdemon who won’t rest until she’s his slave. Can she rescue Michael and save her own soul, or will they both be dragged down into the clutches of the eternal black parade?
[Dark Urban Fantasy Novel - Amazon]
The Forever King (The Forever King Trilogy #1) by Warren Murphy
When ten-year-old Arthur Blessing finds a strange antique cup, he has no idea it’s the most sought after object in history. Nor does he realize the discovery of the Holy Grail will take him on a journey that defies the rules of space and time.
As the cup’s fate-appointed guardian, Arthur is charged with protecting it from dark magic and a madman determined to harness the Grail’s legendary power.The mission threatens his very life, with assassins aligned against him at every turn.
Along the way, a washed-up ex-FBI agent and a mysteriously knowledgeable old man join Arthur in his dangerous task to keep the cup safe…and unlock the secrets of the boy’s own destiny.
[Arthurian Fantasy Novel - First of Series - Amazon]
Free eBooks – Fantasy – Young Adult
Abstrus (Planet Abstrus #1) by TK Rayford
When 17 year old Lexi Lee’s mother disappeared six months ago, her world fell apart.She is finally coming to terms with her new life when she meets Farah, Ferdinand, and Liza.They bring with them revelations that cause her world to crumble even more.She finds out that she is much more than human and that the truths she thought she knew are not really truths at all.Things are never what they seem on the surface. She better figure out who to trust… and fast.
Could Earth really handle the truth?
[YA Fantasy Romance Novel - First of Series - Amazon]
Airel: The Awakening (The Airel Saga #1) by Aaron Patterson
All Airel wanted was to be normal…
She seems like an average 17-year-old in the anonymous little city of Boise, Idaho: Airel. But those untroubled days are soon to end, and the change she undergoes will be so radical she will wonder if it wasn’t all an illusion to begin with. Pursued ferociously, relentlessly by an ancient enemy in the deepest darkness, now she will have to learn how to fight for her life. And all because of who she is, because of her lineage. Because of this she will never have what she wants most: she will never be normal.
[YA Fantasy Novel - First of Series - Amazon]
Small Town Witch (Fae of Calaveras #1) by Kristen S. Walker
Teen witch Rosamunde is totally mature and responsible—if only her mother would realize that. Then she could learn more advanced spells, get her parents to listen to her opinions, and finally go on a date with that cute boy from school. But her mom is stricter than all the other magical parents in town, and Rosa is fighting an uphill battle for her independence.
But there’s strict, and then there’s the crazy spells Rosa finds hidden around the house, including one that can track Rosa’s every movement. Suspecting her mom’s magic use has gone too far, she enlists the help of her friends to find the full extent of her mother’s control and any way to break free of it. Yet some secrets are best left hidden—and truth about her family, if she can find it, might threaten everything Rosa has ever known.
[YA Paranormal Fantasy Novel - First of Series - Amazon]
The Forever Girl (Forever Girl #1) by Rebecca Hamilton
A Cult. A Murder. A Curse.
At twenty-two, practicing Wiccan Sophia Parsons is scratching out a living waiting tables in her Rocky Mountain hometown, a pariah after a string of unsolved murders with only one thing in common: her.
[YA / New Adult Urban Fantasy Novel - First of Series - Amazon]
Watchers of the Night by Matthew Keith
From the outside, Paul Bennett appears to be an ordinary high school senior from small-town Kentucky. But Paul has a secret. He possesses an extraordinary gift which allows him to leave his body during the night and go anywhere, see anything—unseen, undetected. Unbeknownst to Paul, he is not alone in his ability–there are others who can do what he can, and they belong to Astralis, a government agency funded by the United Nations who train people like Paul to become spies. When one of their scouts recognizes Paul for what he is, he is offered a place in the agency. Unfortunately, Astralis is an organization under siege from within; some are willing to do anything to make a change of leadership–even murder.
[YA Epic Fantasy Novel - Amazon | Kobo | Smashwords]
Free eBooks – Fantasy – Paranormal and Romance
Chosen (Chosen #1) by Denise Grover Swank
Everything Emma Thompson owns fits in a suitcase she moves from one roach infested motel to another. She and Jake, her five year old son who can see the future, are running from the men intent on taking him. Emma will do anything to protect him even when it means accepting the help of a stranger named Will. Jake insists she needs Will, but Emma’s never needed help before. And even though she’s learned to trust her son, it doesn’t mean she trusts Will.
Mercenary Will Davenport lives in the moment. Hauling Emma to South Dakota should have been an easy job, but his employer neglected to tell him about Emma’s freaky son and the gunmen hot on her trail. Instinct tells him this job is trouble, but nothing can prepare him for Jake’s proclamation that Will is The Chosen One, who must protect Emma from the men hunting her power. A power she doesn’t know she has.
Will protects Emma and Jake on a cross-country chase from the men pursuing them, while struggling with memories from his past, his apprehension of Jake, and his growing attraction to Emma. Will’s overwhelming urge to protect Emma surprises him, especially since it has nothing to do with his paycheck and possibly everything to do with the tattoo Jake branded on his arm. Rich and powerful men are desperate to capture Emma, and Will must discover why before it’s too late.
[Paranormal Thriller / Romance Novel - First of Series - Amazon]
Steal the Light (Thieves #1) by Lexi Blake
When dealing with demons, the devil’s in the details…
Stealing mystical and arcane artifacts is a dangerous business, especially for a human, but Zoey Wharton is an exceptional thief. The trick to staying alive is having friends in all the wrong places. While having a witch and a werewolf on the payroll helps, being partners with a vampire really opens doors.
Zoey and Daniel were childhood sweethearts until a violent car crash took his life and left her shattered. When Daniel returned from the grave as a vampire, his only interest in Zoey was in keeping her safely apart from the secrets of his dark world. He has vowed to protect her, but his heart seems as cold as the night he calls home.
Five years later, a mysterious new client named Lucas Halfer offers Zoey a fortune to steal the Light of Alhorra. The search for the Light leads Zoey into the arms of an earthbound faery prince. Devinshea Quinn sweeps her off her feet, showing her everything the supernatural world has to offer, but Daniel still calls to her heart.
As the true nature of the Light is revealed, Zoey discovers Halfer is a demon and much more than money is at stake. Per her contract, she must give him the Light or spend an eternity in Hell. What’s a girl to do except fight for her soul…and her heart.
[Paranormal Romance Novel - First of Series - Amazon | Kobo]
Free eBooks – Superhero
Bloom (The Bloom Series #1) by A.P. Kensey
Chosen individuals have been gifted with extraordinary abilities in order to restore balance to the world.
Haven Kincaid is seventeen. After moving away from her friends before the start of her senior year, she struggles to fit in at her new school. When the boy of her dreams shows interest, she finally has a chance to be normal—but Haven is more different than she realizes. After a tragic loss and a deep betrayal, she is kidnapped by a sinister group that will do anything to extract a deadly ability she can barely control—even if they kill her in the process.
Colton Ross is fresh out of high school. Driven by a desire to escape his abusive father and haunted by the memory of an absent mother, he moves to New York City to start over. When a favor for his friend backfires and he ends up in jail, Colton is bailed out by a mysterious businessman who offers him the chance to strengthen his new-found power and discover the truth about his past—a truth that will set him on a deadly quest.
Bloom is an action-packed fantasy adventure that tells the story of two young people surviving in a dangerous world. As their journeys unfold and collide, they must risk their lives to defeat an evil that threatens to destroy everything they hold dear.
[Superhero Novel - First of Series - Amazon]
Small Town Superhero (Small Town Superhero #1) by Cheree Alsop
When a horrible accident tears Kelson’s family apart, he’s forced to live with his relatives in a small farming community. As the new kid, he becomes the target of the town’s gang, but they don’t realize quite what they’re up against as Kelson is forced to risk everything to save both the town and the girl who captured his heart.
[YA Superhero Novel - First of Series - Amazon]
Free eBooks – Horror
Rushed by Brian Harmon
Eric can’t remember the recurring dream that keeps waking him in the middle of the night with an overwhelming urge to leave, yet he spends each day feeling as if he desperately needs to be somewhere. With no idea how to cure himself of this odd compulsion, he decides to let it take its course and go for a drive, hoping that once he proves to himself that there is nowhere to go, he can return to his normal life. Instead, he finds himself hurled headlong into a nightmare adventure across a fractured Wisconsin as the dream reveals itself one heart-pounding detail at a time.
[Horror / Suspense Novel - First of Series - Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Free eBooks – Zombies
Deep Into the Game (Gameland #1) by Saul Tanpepper
Everyone’s addicted to Survivalist, a live-action, virtual reality television show featuring highlights from Arc Entertainment’s The Game. Filmed in Gameland, where cybernetically controlled zombies do battle in the middle of a Long Island wasteland, it’s to die for.
If you’re rich enough, you can buy your way in as an Operator. If you’re desperate enough, you can volunteer to become one of the Undead Players. Jessie Daniels and her gang of computer hackers plan to break their way in.
[Zombie / Cyberpunk Novella - First of Series - Amazon | B&N | Kobo]