Don’t Miss These Links:
- Abyss & Apex #55 – 3rd Quarter 2015
- Beneath Ceaseless Skies #177 – July 09, 2015
- Crossed Genres #31 – July 2015 – “Novelette”
- Heroic Fantasy Quarterly #24
- Kaleidotrope Summer 2015
- Abyss & Apex #55 – 3rd Quarter 2015 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- @AE – The Canadian Science Fiction Review:
- @Anotherealm: “First Day, Last Night” by R. M. Willis [Horror]
- Apex Magazine #74 – July 2015 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- @Aurora Wolf:
- @Baen: “We Fly” by K.B. Rylander [Science Fiction]
- Beneath Ceaseless Skies #177 – July 09, 2015 [Fantasy Magazine]
- @Chilling Tales for Dark Nights: “Be Careful What You Wish For” by Boris Stravinsky [Horror - also available as YouTube video]
- Clarkesworld Magazine #106 – July 2015 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- “Android Whores Can’t Cry” by Natalia Theodoridou [Science Fiction]
- “Further North” by Kay Chronister [Science Fiction - also available in audio]
- “Hair” by Adam Roberts [Science Fiction - from 2009]
- “Hunger Tower” by Pan Haitian [Science Fiction]
- “Snakes” by Yoon Ha Lee [Science Fiction]
- “The Accord” by Keith Brooke [Science Fiction - from 2006]
- “When Your Child Strays From God” by Sam J. Miller [Science Fiction - also available in audio]
- @Cosmos Magazine: “Skins” by Rjurik Davidson [Near-Future Science Fiction]
- Crossed Genres #31 – July 2015 – “Novelette” [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- @Daily Science Fiction:
- Electric Spec #10.2 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- Escape Pod #498 – “Everyone Will Want One” by Kelly Sandoval [Science Fiction - also available in audio]
- Galaxy’s Edge #15 – July 2015 [Science Fiction Magazine]
- “A Mild Case of Death” by David Gerrold
- “Do Not Fear to Touch Flesh” by Leena Likitalo
- Flash Fiction:“Escape Mechanism” by Josh Vogt
- “Form and Void” by Elizabeth Bear [from 2012]
- “Islands in the Sargasso (Sargasso Containment)” by Alex Shvartsman
- “Miss Darcy’s First Intergalactic Ballet Class” by Dantzel Cherry
- “Multiples” by Robert Silverberg [from 1983]
- “Saul’s Diary” by Lawrence Person
- “The Colossal Death Ray” by Ron Collins
- “The Eagle Has Landed” by Robert J. Sawyer [from 2005]
- “Tidal Effects” by Jack McDevitt [from 1985]
- @GigaNotoSaurus: “And The Ends of the Earth for Thy Possession” by Robert B Finegold, M.D. [Science Fiction - also available as eBook]
- Heroic Fantasy Quarterly #24 [Heroic Fantasy Magazine]
- Kaleidotrope Summer 2015 [Speculative Fiction Magazine]
- @Kasma SF: “The Taking of IOSA-2083″ by C.J. Paget [Science Fiction]
- @Lightspeed Magazine:
- @Mad Scientist Journal:
- Mirror Dance Summer 2015 [Fantasy Magazine]
- @Mythic Delirium: “The Sound of Blue” by Sara M. Harvey
- @Nightmare Magazine:
- Perihelion July 2015 [Science Fiction Magazine]
- “An Island in Your Arms” by James Patrick Riser
- “Deus Ex Machina” by Erin Lale
- Flash Fiction:“Dreamboat” by Robin Wyatt Dunn
- “Food, Glorious Food” by Joey To
- “Froggers” by Siobhan Gallagher
- “It’s, Like, So Boring at the End of the World” by Amy Sisson
- “Ooze Love” by Andrew James Woodyard
- “Rim’s End” by John Walters
- “Running Tangent” by Dale Ivan Smith and K.C. Ball
- “Shepherding” by Dave Creek
- “Technicality” by Holly Schofield
- @The Colored Lens:
- @The WiFiles:
- Uncanny Magazine #5 – July/August 2015 [Speculative Fiction Magazine - First Half of Fiction Now Posted]
- Unlikely Story #11.5 – April 2015 – The Journal of Unlikely Coulrophobia [Clown-based Speculative Fiction]
- @Weird Fiction Review: “A Hard Truth About Waste Management” by Sumanth Prabhaker [Weird]
Written – Flash
- @365 tomorrows:
- “Along It Came” by Jake Teeny [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Behold Ragnarök” by Jae Miles [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Between This and That” by Timothy Goss [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Commitment” by A. Katherine Black [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Fusion” by Brian Olszewski [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Hard Case” by Bob Newbell [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Mr. Clean” by Rick Tobin [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Post Oblivion” by Clint Wilson [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Research Authorization” by David Atos [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Spanners and Dust” by Jae Miles [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Sucked Dry” by Kevin L [Science Fiction Flash]
- “The Eternity Sim” by Miriyha Davis [Science Fiction Flash]
- “The Ripening of the Blue” by Tom Hadrava [Science Fiction Flash]
- “The Roamer” by Ian Hill [Science Fiction Flash]
- “What We Remember” by Thomas Desrochers [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Will Work For Electricity” by Gray Blix [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Woke Up, Fell Out Of Bed” by Gray Blix [Science Fiction Flash]
- Antipodean SF #204 – July 2015
- “A True Aussie Hero” by Chris McGrane [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Do Not Be Alarmed” by Harris Tobias [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Ebbets Field 1955″ by Jeff Lancaster [Science Fiction Flash]
- “FG” by Mark Attwood [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Gene” by Tom Grayhorse [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Genocide” by Marg Essex [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Pulp Circa 1958 (Somewhere)” by Bart Meehan [Science Fiction Flash]
- “The Good Shepherd” by Shaun A. Saunders [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Vulnerable Invulnerable World” by David Scholes [Science Fiction Flash]
- @Daily Science Fiction:
- “500 Seconds” by Brent C. Smith [Apocalyptic Flash]
- “An Amateur’s Guide To Time Travel” by Marian Rosarum [Time Travel Flash]
- “Dear Jezzy: How Can a Devil Make an Angel Say Yes?” by Sarina Dorie [Paranormal Fantasy Flash]
- “Innumerate” by Laurence Raphael Brothers [Fantasy Flash]
- “Stasis” by Roberto Bommarito [Magic Realism Flash]
- “The Alchemist’s Wife” by Melody Marie Sage [Science Fiction Flash]
- “The Alien Came over the Hill” by Karen Heuler [Science Fiction Flash]
- “The Man’s Smile” by J. Robert DeWitt [Time Travel Flash]
- “The Petals” by Mari Ness [Fairy Tale Flash]
- “This is Telepathy” by Megan Neumann [Science Fiction Flash]
- “Yellowed” by Peter Roberts [Science Fiction Flash]
- @Every Day Fiction:
- “A Gathering of Ashes” by Gustavo Bondoni [Fantasy Flash]
- “A Policy for Visitors at Reynold’s Home for Retired Time Travelers” by David Macpherson [Time Travel Flash]
- “Drawing” by Justin DeFerbrache [Surreal Flash]
- “Final Message” by Dustin Adams [Science Fiction Flash]
- “For a Tooth” by Tim Major [Science Fiction Flash]
- “God Curse Us” by Eric Del Carlo [Horror Flash]
- “Happy Dependence Day” by Paul A. Freeman [Surreal Flash]
- “The Knight” by Ty Karnitz [Fantasy Flash]
- @Farther Stars Than These:
- Flash Fiction Online July 2015 [Speculative Flash Fiction Magazine]
- “Pieces of My Body” by Caroline M. Yoachim
- “Portrait of My Wife as a Boat” by Samantha Murray
- “The Disposition Matrix” by Brent Baldwin
- “Your Past Life Interferes With My Very Important Studies” by C. L. Holland
- @The Colored Lens: “First Try” by Derrick Boden [Science Fiction]
Written – Serialized
- @Lightspeed Magazine: Saltwater Railroad by Andrea Hairston – Part 1 [Fantasy Serialization - also available in audio]
- @Paizo: Crisis of Faith by Michael J. Martinez: [Shared World Fantasy Serialization]
- Beam Me Up! Podcast #448 [Science Fiction Podcast]
- Beneath Ceaseless Skies Podcast #154 – “Court Bindings” by Karalynn Lee [Fantasy]
- @Beware the Hairy Mango:
- Cast of Wonders #168 – “The Tale of the White Tiger” by Donald Jacob Uitvlugt [YA Science Fiction]
- @Clarkesworld Magazine:
- Escape Pod #498 – “Everyone Will Want One” by Kelly Sandoval [Science Fiction - also available in audio]
- @Far Fetched Fables:
- @Lightspeed Magazine: “Crazy Rhythm” by Carrie Vaughn [Science Fiction]
- @Nightmare Magazine:
- @Tales To Terrify:
- @Welcome to Night Vale: “Bonus Episode 5 – Excerpt from the novel” [Fantasy Serial]
Audio – Radio Dramas
- @Relic Radio:
- Beyond Midnight -“Short Circuit” [Horror / Weird Radio Drama - from 1969]
- Escape -“Leinengen Vs. The Ants” [Weird Radio Drama - from 1948]
- Exploring Tomorrow -“The Happiness Effect” [Science Fiction Radio Drama - from 1957]
- Quiet, Please -“Little Visitor” [Horror Radio Drama - from 1948]
- Suspense -“Devilstone” [Horror Radio Drama - from 1962]
- Theater Five -“The New Order” by RelicRadio [Science Fiction Radio Drama - from 1964]
Audio – Serialized
- @Author’s Site: Alive by Scott Sigler – Episode #1 [YA Science Fiction Adventure Novel Serialization]
- @Author’s Site: Alive by Scott Sigler – Episode #2 [YA Science Fiction Adventure Novel Serialization]
- @Author’s Site: Alive by Scott Sigler – Episode #3 [YA Science Fiction Adventure Novel Serialization]
- @Author’s Site: Alive by Scott Sigler – Episode #4 [YA Science Fiction Adventure Novel Serialization]
- Beam Me Up! Podcast #447 [Science Fiction]
- @Lightspeed Magazine: Saltwater Railroad by Andrea Hairston – Part 1 [Fantasy Serialization]
- Welcome to Night Vale Bonus Episode #4 – “Pamela Winchell” [Fantasy Serial]
Free eBooks – Science Fiction
Beyond the Event Horizon: Episode One by Albert Sartison
Everything simply follows the laws of objective reality
The Earth is visited by incomers from space, but why?
A plan on the grandest scale our Galaxy has ever known, as old as mankind itself, finally enters its concluding phase, taking it Beyond the Event Horizon.
After first contact, which had not ended as the Earthlings expected, all traces of the visitors were lost in space, seemingly forever. But soon after, scientists noticed a mysterious gravitational anomaly not far from the Solar System as it journeyed around the centre of the Milky Way. To find out more, and perhaps discover the aliens’ secret, a research expedition fitted out with state-of-the-art scientific and military equipment sets out…
[Science Fiction Serial - First Episode - Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Star Wanderers: Outworlder (Part I) by Joe Vasicek
He wanders the stars in search of a home. Instead, he got a girl without one.
When Jeremiah arrived at Megiddo Station, all he wanted was to make some trades and resupply his starship. He never thought he’d come away with a wife.
Before he knows it, he’s back on his ship, alone with his accidental bride. Since neither of them speak the same language, he has no way to tell her that there’s been a terrible mistake. And because of the deadly famine ravaging her home, there’s no going back. She’s entirely at his mercy, and that terrifies him more than anything.
Jeremiah isn’t ready to take responsibility for anyone. He’s a star wanderer, roaming the Outworld frontier in search of his fortune. Someday he’ll settle down, but for now, he just wants to drop the girl off at the next port and move on.
As he soon finds out, though, she has other plans.
[Science Fiction Romance Novella - First of Series - Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Sullivan’s War (The Sullivan Saga #1) by Michael K. Rose
On Earth, a powerful politician has been murdered. When he’s assigned to the case, Agent Frank Allen soon discovers that the man responsible, Rick Sullivan, is not yet finished killing. But Allen will also discover that Rick Sullivan is not the man he appears to be, and the war he’s fighting, a war to rid his home planet of its oppressive government, is not his only battle.
As Allen pursues Sullivan across the known galaxy, he begins to question his own beliefs and loyalties. Will Allen be able to stop Rick Sullivan before he kills again? Does he really want to? As their lives become increasingly intertwined, both men realize they must face truths about themselves that neither of them are prepared for. And some of those truths will have consequences that neither of them could have ever imagined.
[Science Fiction Adventure Novel - First of Series - Amazon]
The Black Ships by A.G. Claymore
Our planet was just one small island in the midst of a vast, empty sea. For millennia, its inhabitants thought they were alone – until they took their first tentative steps out of the cradle. As the nations of Earth struggle to establish a fragile colony on the surface of Mars, they suddenly lose all contact with their settlers.
In the days that follow, it becomes abundantly clear that humans are not the only ones intent on exploiting the resources of the solar archipelago. In a desperate bid for freedom, Humanity must undergo social and economic changes on a scale previously unheard of.
In the midst of growing turmoil, the struggle to build an effective defense leads the species to a turning point. The smallest of chances may determine the difference between freedom or eternal subjugation.
[Science Fiction Novel - Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
We, the People of the Clouds by Simon Kewin
For Marlon Smith the afterlife is a beach. The computer-generated world his consciousness inhabits provides for his every need. But then flaws begin to appear in the fabric of reality around him. Flaws that shouldn’t be possible. Flaws only he can see.
He has to move quickly, before his actions are spotted and edited out. He starts to uncover the truth of how the afterlife functions. As he does so, he reveals unexpected secrets about his own past, too.
And he also finds out about those who are intent on destroying his whole reality…
[Hard Science Fiction Novelette - Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Free eBooks – Post-Apocalyptic and Dystopian
Coyote (After The Fires Went Out #1) by Regan Wolfrom
First came the comet. Then came the fires. Now we fight to save what’s left.
Baptiste, stranded 500 miles from his wife and daughter, at the northern edge of civilization, has made a vow to protect a teenage girl from the chaos that surrounds them. But as food and fuel runs out, and even friends prove they can’t be trusted, Baptiste realizes that this promise won’t be easy to keep.
[Post-Apocalyptic Novel - First of Series - Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Iced (Chronicles of White World #1) by M. Terry Green
Though she doesn’t know her real name, Thirteen is sure of two things: survival and finding her sister. Nothing stands in her way—not the great Pacifica Ice Sheet nor the slavers she escaped—until her deadly hunt takes a maddening turn.
The first and only clue in her search is held by the survivor of a wrecked ice ship. But he’s not sharing. He has a daughter to rescue, and he needs Thirteen’s help.
In the unforgiving subzero, a wary alliance is formed. Although she’d do anything to find her sister and finally know her own name, Thirteen never forgets the first rule of the ice. You only get one mistake—your last.
[Post-Apocalyptic / Dystopian Novel - First of Series - Amazon]
The Last Survivors by Bobby Adair and T.W. Piperbrook
Three hundred years after the fall of society, the last fragments of civilization are clinging to life, living in the ruins of the ancient cities in nearly-medieval conditions. Technology has been reduced to legend, monsters roam the forests, and fear reigns supreme. But that is just the beginning…
The wind-borne spores are spreading, disfiguring men and twisting their minds, turning them into creatures that threaten to destroy the townships. Among the townsfolk, political and the religious, dissension is spreading.
Through it all, a mother must protect her son…
[Post-Apocalyptic Novel - First of Series - Amazon]
Free eBooks – Post-Apocalyptic and Dystopian – Young Adult
Clone Three (The Clone Chronicles #1) by Patti Larsen
She must risk everything. She must remember. She must survive.
Clone Three wakes in a decaying city she is sure doesn’t match the one she came from. If only she could remember. She has a purpose at least–she must find her fellow clones and the statue whose image is embedded in her mind. But she is lost, surrounded by a dead and crumbling metropolis, fought over by the survivors of an illness that has ravaged humankind.
She must risk everything, including the safety of those who try to help her, in order to fulfill her task.
But is she this crumbling world’s salvation… or the source of its downfall?
[YA Dystopian Novel - First of Series - Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Free eBooks – Cyberpunk
Life is a Beautiful Thing: Book One by Harmon Cooper
2083. A pollute-addicted therapist named Meme battles his way through his mind and LA at the seat of his pants alongside a beautiful android escort with a surprising secret. With the Federal Corporate Government hunting him, will he make it to safety in time?
The hunt is on.
[Cyberpunk Novel - First of Series - Amazon | B&N | Kobo]
The Culling (Alien Apocalypse #1) by JC Andrijeski
“Humans who ran got culled…”
Jet is a 19-year-old skag, one of the humans still living free on Earth following an invasion of creatures called the Nirreth. Squatting in the ruins of Vancouver, Jet and her family eke out an existence underground, hiding from culler ships and fighting off raiding humans.
No one knows where the alien ships take the people they steal, but they never return. When a culler finds Jet, she may discover the truth the hard way…and end up living among the very creatures that stole her planet and wiped out most of her race.
[Cyperunk / Dystopian Novella - First of Series - Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Free eBooks – Steampunk
Driftmetal by J.C. Staudt
In a shattered world of airships and windborne cities, Captain Muller Jakes’ crew betrays him when his plot to steal a fortune in gravstone goes awry. A lost city, a deadly sabotage, and a series of narrow escapes will force him to choose between his freedom and the lives of thousands.
[Steampunk / Cyberpunk Novella - Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Free eBooks – Fantasy
And Then There Were Giants by Greg Dragon
Years of martial arts training never prepared nineteen-year-old Alysia Knight for the battle she has to face. War is raging in the streets of New Jersey, and surviving the apocalypse means staying clear of monsters preying on the citizens. But all this will be the least of her worries when her parents become targets.
Death is inevitable, unless Alysia can muster up the courage and hone her abilities to defeat all that stands in her way. If not, she may end up losing more than her parents.
[Urban Fantasy Novella/Serial - First Episode - Amazon | B&N | Kobo | Smashwords]
Children of the Shaman: A Journey through Ice and Time (Mir: Shamanworld #1) by Jessica Rydill
An ancient power returns.
A world is trapped in time and snow.
The only hope: a young outcast.
In the remote interior of Lefranu someone – or something – has been killing railway workers. Driving a tunnel under the forest, they have started to die, horribly.
Yuda Vasilyevich, a shaman, is sent to investigate.
Yuda brings with him the teenage children he deserted when they were small: spikey Annat, a shaman like her father, and bookish Malchik, who has not forgotten his father’s mistreatment of their mother.
When Malchik is drawn into the underworld, Yuda and Annat set out to find him; so begins a perilous journey into a world of ice, with danger ahead and an implacable enemy behind them. Only they can solve the mystery and defeat the power of the Cold One.
[Fantasy Novel - First of Series - Amazon]
The Lie (The Skyy Huntington Series #1) by Holly Hudspeth
Twenty-eight year old Skyy Huntington recently inherited a house and a good sum of money from her deceased grandfather. Soon after she relocates to Marblehead, Massachusetts to move into the new house, her world gets turned upside down when she encounters a mysterious entity in the cemetery while visiting her grandfather’s grave.
Skyy’s reality as she knows it ends once she discovers that the supernatural world is real, something she’s always been interested in. She’s afraid to tell anyone, even her lifelong best friend Christian Vane.
As she tries to discover more about the entity, she learns about a family lie that’s been kept secret for centuries that all started within Countess Elizabeth Bathory’s castle walls…
[Urban Fantasy Novel - First of Series - Amazon]
Free eBooks – Fantasy – Young Adult
Cutlass (Cutlass #1) by Ashley Nixon
Notorious pirate Barren Reed has one thing on his mind: Revenge against the man who killed his father. So kidnapping his enemy’s fiancée seems a perfect plan… until he actually does it.
Larkin Lee is more than a pretty face and fiancée to a powerful man. Her fierce personality is enough to make any pirate want to push her overboard.
But when the King of the Orient comes to Barren with a task — to find the Bloodstone, a powerful gem thought only to exist in legend, Barren sees another opportunity to destroy his enemy. Together, Barren, Larkin and a crew of pirates set off to find the stone, only to discover it caused the death of Barren’s own mother and Larkin’s, too. As his strongest allies turn into his greatest enemies, and the life of the girl he kidnapped becomes more important than he ever dreamed, Barren’s quest for revenge becomes a fight to save the Orient.
[YA Fantasy Novel - First of Series - Amazon]